VW 1.9 l TDI Jetta Engine Block Heater 2005-06 new body style HTR8 Frost Heater
This kit is for: MKV Jetta TDI engines built for 2005 thru the 2006 model year (equipped with automatic transmissions ONLY)
This kit was developed because people were tired of cold mornings with rough starting and no heat for 10 miles, and no other such heating system existed.
BMI Heater Kit Details:The 1000 WATT tank heater circulates coolant throughout the engine for QUICKER STARTS AND INSTANT HEAT! (TDI owners know how long it takes to get heat!)Benefits include: reducing wear on the glow plugs, starter and battery. Oil pan heaters only heat the oil, and could be a fire hazard. Without any accessible freezeplugs on the engine, a freezeplug heater is not an option either. Numerous VW dealers buy these heater kits in quantity and install them in brand new TDIs! The kit is compact in size, comes pre-assembled with all necessary parts, hoses, and mounting bracket, to install the heater in an afternoon. Just add your own coolant and time. The kit fits like a glove, and has good clearance around the heater even when installing the unit. It will have a factory appearance when installed.Our kit ensures correct installation and operation. Tank heaters need to be properly located and installed or they will not work since there is no pump or moving parts inside.Features of Our Custom VW Heater Kits: • Compact, about the size of two 12oz soft drink cans• Factory appearance when installed• Made in the USA!• Custom Hoses for exact fit (Both upper & lower are specific to your year and model diesel)• Rub Protection on the hoses for longevity specific to your year and model diesel• Custom Stainless Steel Laser-Cut Bracket specific to your year and model diesel• Thermostatically controlled heater, prevents over-heating; leave it plugged in as long as you want.• Kit comes fully-assembled, ready to install
* Engineered with the following standards in mind:
• It must appear factory, like it was designed to be there with clearance around the unit
• It must maintain factory bend radius requirements for VW coolant hoses
• It must have a low or no impact on the cooling system
• It must be mounted in such a way to minimize engine vibration through the heater
• It must consist of top-quality components for at least a 100,000+ mile or more service life. Our test vehicles have an average of 300,000 miles (and counting) on each of the heater units!
• It must not have a check-valve so no engine damage occurs
Advantages:• Engine will start like it's the middle of Summer!
• Instant Heat to the interior!• Defrost ice and frost off the windows sooner for safer vision
• Less wear and tear on the engine and starting components
• Increased Starter life
• Increased Glow Plug life
• Increased Battery life• Reduced warm up idle time• Reduced emissions and tailpipe smoke at start-up
• Works great with your Bio Diesel or Waste Vegetable Oil Conversion!• Easy to install - 1 to 2 hours on average~
Block and pad heaters have the longest life and consume considerably less electricity when used in conjunction with a controller such as the Power Badger®